Raising cost of energy concerns all types of actors, from every single city dweller to major industries and it appears as a critical issue as many industrials face difficulties to satisfy their own consumption while maintaining their productivity.
Increasing energy consumption in India
According to the International Energy Agency (IEA), India’s energy consumption has almost doubled since 2000 and a further rapid growth is expecting for the coming years. This enormous growth in terms of electricity, oil, gas and coal demand is due to the country’s fast urbanization and modernisation, and the development of its industries. And if we look at the current situation, India requires a total of $2,8 billion in investment in energy supply to be able to satisfy its needs.
- Energy losses and deficit in power availability
The significant energy losses India faces also contribute to increase the power bill of the country today. Some estimates have shown that energy losses in India are equivalent to the 20% of the total distributed energy across the country, one of the highest rates in the world. Actions against such losses are thus needed if India wants to tackle the risk of rising energy costs.
- Industrials' large dependence on fossil energies and rising costs
To tackle the pollution challenge in India, we have to reshape our industries today and make them greener so that we can ensure our projects are sustainable and environmentally friendly.
- Overcome the deficit in power availability for industries
Each industry requires a continuous supply of energy to work properly. In India, the increasing demand for power access has lead to some issues like power cuts that are a real threat for industries’ competitiveness.
Veolia works with you to optimize your power consumption and performance.
- Ensure the highest quality and safety standards in energy management
Workers and environment are our two main priorities today. In the matter of protecting them, we offer to industry the highest quality and safety standards for every plant we build and for every power chain we operate.
Our Energy Solutions for industries
Considering rising fuel costs and increasing awareness on carbon footprint, energy is becoming an increasingly important issue in Industrial competitiveness.
As a specialist in decentralised energy, Veolia is uniquely positioned to provide flexible energy solutions with high added value to meet its client’s requirements in terms of reliability, quality, availability and cost.
Reducing your cost of production
Major manufacturing companies – particularly in the mining, manufacturing, oil and gas, food & beverage and pharmaceutical industries – looks for a partner that they can rely on for their solid assessments and expertise in designing, building and operating energy utility plants.
Veolia is able to offer a range of solutions that are cost-effective and environmentally sound, backed by the best technology available, including the use of biomass, biogas, recovered energy and combined heat and power (CHP).
Veolia partners with its clients to run energy audits to assess their current energy technologies and assets and their efficiency, before delivering recommendations which not only reduce energy footprint, but also ongoing energy costs.
Extending the life of your assets
Veolia provides different industries with integrated solutions from power generation right through to heating, ventilation and air-conditioning. We also offer a range of multi-technical services, such as preventative and corrective maintenance contracts, installation design, development and upgrading of energy assets.
Guaranteeing improved asset reliability and energy performance
Veolia offers to its customers three key guarantees.
- The first is to secure your energy mix and supply with respect to quantity, quality, price and availability through services that improve asset reliability and energy efficiency.
- The second is to reduce the energy and carbon footprints of your industrial operations.
- And thirdly, we guarantee the availability of your facilities through detailed service commitments.
Remote management guaranteeing energy performance
Through the Energy Savings Centre, our remote management capability provides customers with a means of managing their sites industrial utilities and other energy related assets remotely, and in real time, in order to ensure increased service continuity and/or optimise their energy consumption. It also provides a means of tracking operations data and enables better reporting
- Designing, building and operating energy utilities
- Covering technical, social and financial aspects
- Managing environmental requirements
- Remote management and monitoring through Veolia’s Energy Savings Centre
- Improving asset reliability and availability through asset management and multi-technical operations and maintenance
- Energy audit, design and implementation of improvement plans, including work on process equipment, upgrades for energy facilities, monitoring tools and systems to encourage
- Creating cost-effective, environmental solutions including biomass, biogas, energy recovery and CHP
- Multi-technical maintenance - management and maintenance of systems, servicing, repairs, and light work completion.