Veolia is specialised in water and wastewater treatment, waste management and resource recovery as well as energy solutions for the food and beverage industry, providing our customers with the most efficient and environmentally sustainable solutions, while maintaining operational efficiency and maximum profitability.
- Environmental issues: wastewater, solid waste (organic & packaging waste)
- Fluctuating commodity prices and saturated market
- Large consumption of water and energy
The food and beverage plants of India today use more than 1 million gallons of potable water per day (i.e. more than 3,78 million liters of potable water).
- Inadequate storage, lack of infrastructures and huge food & water losses
In 2015, 21 million tonnes of wheat are wasted in India according to the United Nations Development Programme and 25% of fresh water used to produce food is ultimately wasted.
- Ensure that the industry contributes to sustainable development while it increases its profitability
- Increase efficiency of the Food and Beverage industries
Our solutions for Food and Beverage industries
Veolia works with many of the largest food and beverage suppliers in the world, such as: Lion, Mars, Coca Cola, Fonterra and Nestle, and remains committed to closing the loop within the food and beverage supply chain, and diverting waste from landfill where possible.
We have a number of facilities dedicated to the recovery of waste, including waste-to-energy, bioreactor and composting facilities.
We also have water treatment management systems, covering water as a food ingredient for industrial use, treatment of effluents, grease and sludge and recycling.
Waste Treatment Solutions
- Site assessments
- Greenfield design/ development of waste/ recycling facilities
- Service re-engineering, collection systems, on-site processing
- Assistance in planning and approvals
- Waste collection and resource recovery
- On-site waste and recycling operators
- Product destruction
- Effluent and sludge management
- Bin washing
- Continuous improvement program
- Waste education and training
- Environmental and efficiency reporting
Water Treatment Solutions
- High quality drinking process water from ground water
- Boiler feed water production
- Cooling water production
- Effluent treatment and reuse, including treatment of oil, fat and grease
- Services and maintenance, including decontamination and cleaning of cooling systems against legionella and other contaminants
- Optimisation of water chemical conditioning
- Certified products, services and equipment
- Operations and maintenance of on-site water treatment facilities
Energy Treatment Solutions
- Site management – organisation, optimisation and management of services providers
- Multi-technical maintenance – management and maintenance of energy systems, servicing, repairs and light work completion
- Co-generation technologies
- Tri-generation technologies
- HVAC- heating and air conditioning
- Preventive and corrective energy asset maintenance contracts
- Installation, design, development and upgrading energy systems and energy equipment
- Reporting on clients energy usage and reductions