Incineration is the most direct way to treat and dispose of hazardous waste. With mature and reliable technology that adapts through its design to every type of waste, Veolia’s Hazardous Waste to Energy facilities can help customers meet stable operation, easy maintenance, reasonable economics, scientific management, environmental protection and health and safety goals.
- Increase of waste generation
- Difficulties for industrial to tackle by themselves waste they produce
- Lack of proper technologies
- Strict regulation and standards to be respected
- Destroy hazardous waste that are not recyclable or landfillable
- Implement a hazardous waste management system that is in compliance with the strict regulations
High temperature incineration
High Temperature Incineration is proven safe for hazardous organic chemicals and materials not suitable for other treatments.
It's considered as the most environmentally friendly choice for chemicals and high-density materials: some waste including persistent organic pollutants and high-density materials must be destroyed with the highest level of security in accordance with the law and commercial security.
Incineration under high temperature is widely used and effective. This process – with temperatures above 1100°C – achieves a destruction rate of 99.99% and is the best way to thoroughly destroy hazardous waste, whether it be excess and expired products, laboratory waste and reagents, electronic waste or contaminated soil.
- Destruction of hazardous waste at a cost-effective price
- Energy recovery
- The security of complete cradle-to-grave services, from collection and transportation of your hazardous waste materials, through the final disposal of any ash or other residue in a secure land disposal facility
- A full-range incineration system that includes both rotary kilns and fixed-hearth incineration technology for the ultimate in flexibility for handling your most difficult hazardous wastes
- The ability to handle bulk or drummed wastes, eliminating the expense of special containers or special packaging of your wastes