- Atmospheric and aquatic pollution
- Insecurity of some infrastructures (cf Bhopal)
- High costs of production
- Reduce costs and ensure an adequate supply of energy
Producing crude oil and refined products at a lower cost to stay competitive on the market is one of the industry’s major challenges. Optimizing production systems and environmental utilities on currently operating sites is therefore a priority for the oil industry. This maximizes production efficiency, reduces the costs of extraction and refining and thereby offsets the exploration costs.
Optimize the performance to ensure the valorization of assets
To sustain their supply of crude oil or gas, oil companies are looking to extend the life of mature sites but are also compelled to seek new sources of oil or gas for which extraction, transport and refining are much more complex and costly. For that, they aim to achieve 100% reliability of their plants : no unplanned shut downs, increased through put, secure industrial assets.
- Improve the environmental footprint to meet inscreasingly stringent standard
The oil and gas industry is a major consumer of water and energy resources and is therefore subject to increasingly stringent environmental standards. This constrains them to rethink extraction, production and distribution methods in order to obtain or maintain their licence to operate.
The range of offers focuses on the needs of both upstream (exploration and production) and downstream customers (refining and petrochemicals) in the oil and gas industry.
- Upstream, Veolia builds and operates treatment systems for injection water, offers mobile water treatment solutions, manages waste (including hazardous waste), decommissions platforms, and offers a range of services tailored to the specific needs of the sector.
- Downstream, the Group treats process water, wastewater, and cooling water, provides surface treatment and automated cleaning services, treats hazardous waste, produces steam and electricity, optimizes energy efficiency in facilities and recovers products such as solvents, oily sludge, etc.
Managing the life cycle of oil companies’ resources
Water is central to all activities of the oil and gas industry. As a leading expert in water management, Veolia controls all the stages of the water cycle and can address all industrial challenges, thanks to a portfolio of more than 350 proprietary technologies.
Resource management, production and delivery of process water, collection, treatment, recycling and recovery of wastewater, effluent and products derived from their treatment (organic matter, salts, metals, complex molecules and energy), desalination of seawater, design and construction of treatment and network structures: all these skills allow Veolia to support the oil industry in the development of an integrated and sustainable management of water resources.
Veolia also offers solutions for the management of hazardous waste, recycling by-products, industrial services, decommissioning and soil remediation.
Veolia’s expertise in water, energy and waste management allows the Group to be the world leader in the provision of environmental services for the oil and gas industry.
→ Reduction of cost and environmental footprint and increase of your activity performance
→ Access to advanced technologies and expertise to ensure your safety and security at work
→ Waste minimization, energy optimization