The Magnad hazardous waste landfill is the biggest hazardous waste landfill in India. Using the most up-to-date processing technologies, Veolia ensures that the waste is treated and safely released to the landfill.
The Environmental Clearance was granted by the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change in January 2018 for the landfill. With a disposal capacity of 15 Million Metric Tons (MMT) hazardous waste, the landfill is constructed on phased development of progressive cells.
The key processes of the entire site involves the Pre processing, Stabilisation, Land filling and Leachate treatment process, which is individually further divided in to various small treatment processes.
The facility is located near to industrial clusters belt serving clients in Jambusar, Baroda and Dahej in Gujarat.
- State of the art laboratory for monitoring waste parameters
- Most up to date processing technologies to ensure waste is treated and safely released in the landfill
- Integrated leachate treatment and stabilisation capacity
- Intermediate storage facility built for waste storage during the monsoon season
- Currently managing 3500 metric tons of waste per day