In 2012, Delhi Jal Board, the authority in charge of water and sanitation, chose Veolia to design, build and operate an innovative green wastewater
treatment plant with a capacity of 91 MLD (20 MGD), thus, setting precedence in managing valuable wastewater resources.
Veolia offers a full range of services, from the installation of technologies to management of this project. We leveraged our expertise and designed customized solutions.
- Technical Performance Efficiency - Providing the highest standard of wastewater treatment technologies through Veolia patented technologies of Azenit (for enhanced Bio-P & TN removal) with sequenced aeration and Disc Filters.
- Sustainable Interventions - Nutrient recovery from sewage sludge and transforming sludge into biogas.
- Energy Recovery - The sludge treatment system uses digesters equipped with gas mixing systems to optimize biogas production, a green energy source.
- Resource Recovery - Treated sewage sludge (Class A Biosolids) meets U.S. EPA guidelines for land applications. Standard quality compost is produced, which can be used for crops, green spaces, and gardens.
- Water Source Protection - The treated wastewater helps to reduce the pollution load of the Yamuna River.
91 MILLION LITRES SEWAGE TREATED PER DAY
sustainable urban water management
Environmental footprint reduction