This state-of-the-art zero liquid discharge plant is one of the primary source supporting the Nagpur 24X7 water supply project. Combined with a full range of services from the installation of technologies to the operation of the plant, Veolia has designed and implemented customized solutions tailored to the city's local conditions. The plant features Veolia's patented MultifloR and FiltrafloTM TGV technologies.
- MultifloR is a compact clarification unit that combines coagulation, flocculation and counter-current lamella settling stages in a single unit. The lamella plates provide a very large projected settling area in a limited space. The footprint is 10 to 20 times less than that of a conventional settler system.
- FiltrafloTM TGV, a compact gravity filtration system that allows the suspended solids to penetrate deeper into the filter bed, thus allowing a “volume filtration” rather than a “surface filtration”
- Reuse and recirculation of filtered backwash water thus minimizing the raw water demand and preventing any discharge into natural stream.
- 100% SCADA operated water treatment plant with leakage detection technology to reduce water losses.
- Compact and more efficient treatment process occupying one-fourth of the space required for a conventional clarifier.